Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Photoshop CS 2 and Plugins.

Just over one night, I think I learned quite a lot about Photoshop. Getting the new Photoshop CS 2 made me stay awake all night playing around with it. I was able to correct/edit some photos, like the one of cloud/sky from DeKalb. I removed the power lines running across the picture. Though, one thing I noticed was that the picture had a lot of noise when compared to the original. Then I relized that I kept re-saving at JPEG each time I was done edit one part of the picture. JPEG compress will lose quality on every save/compress. So everytime I edit a picture, I should save as a PSD file, until the final save, where I save it back as JPEG.

So how to remove noise? I wasn't able to get a satisfactory noise removal manually, so I got some couple of plugins for help, and they came out pretty good. This led me to upsample cropped pictures and then run a noise removal. Though I hear there are better interpolation programs, so I will check it out.

I will post some pictures later.

Behave kids.

No comments: