Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The great divide.

I've been talking to Ellie, and well I'm getting worried. I would have expected if she wasn't well in general, she would have let me or any other friends know. Specially when she feels she is going through a bad period. It's totally understandable that if she feels to keep it to herself, but people still worry. She is fine, she says, yet I don't feel her enthusiasm when she says that. Maybe I'm just overthinking as usual, but well, it definitely doesn't bring any comfort to my mind. It's kind of crap that distance negates active participation in someone's life. Distance really puts a lot of strain on relationships. Not that it's anyone's fault. And no matter how much we live in the digital age, where communication is easy, yet when there is no personal contact, it all seems words. There is no such thing as, "Let's grab lunch.", or "Let's go out for a couple of drinks.". I think a person cannot just maintain something on words, as action is needed. Humans are all about rituals, and that is what is missing when your friends are trying to communicate over great distances.

Well anyways, Ellie, just letting you know you have many people that care about you over many distance.

Behave kids.

No comments: