Saturday, August 07, 2010

Trying to get motivation to re-work on my photo site

I'm from the days of writing HTML on "Notepad", none of these Dreamweaver and stuff. I had to actually write the html on textpad and then upload to "review". Although harder, and more time consuming, it was very simplistic. There is some elegance in the simplicity of straight up HTML code. Anyways, time have changed, most site has Flash, XML, and a plethora of things I never bothered to keep up with. That is why in IT, people need to keep up with the new tech. Granted, web development was not my field, so learning HTML was more of a hobby, but when its really not your field of work, its hard to keep all interests up to date.

So now I want to make my photo site with Flash, and well I guess I need to take some basic class or something. I open Flash CS5 and uhhhh, have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It's not like I have a lot of time these days to learn something from scratch, but oh well. I have always been the IT guy for friend and family, so I just need to suck it up and learn it.

No comments: